Our Experienced Project Management Team
Jan Sebastiaan 'Basjan' Van As
Managing/Project Director (Zambia) & President (DRC)
Basjan graduated from the University of The Free State (RSA) with distinction, completing a Certificate / Diploma in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management and Project Management. Basjan founded African Cityscapes in 2016 and he heads up the Executive team at ACPM Zambia and has 16 Years Industry experience as Quantity Surveyor & Project manager. Basjan is an astute Project manager and has worked on a combined project Portfolio exceeding US$370 million and completed project management & Construction mandates in South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania, Angola & Zambia and on projects ranging up to $130m.Basjan’s experience includes:
- • The American International School of Lusaka Phase 1A&B
- • The Urban boutique 60-key hotel on the Ndola Golf Course,
- • Ndola Square retail center,
- • Phase 1 and 2 of Southview Park in Zambia.
- • He was actively involved in Completing the Sonaref oil refinery and harbour in Libito, Angola
- • He is currently busy with a 75-Key hotel for The Urban Lusaka (Rembrandt Properties), Family Legacy Refurb works and NAPSA Trees-in Housing Complex Phase 0&1.
- • He has been involved in many projects ranging from harbors, schools, clinics, hospitals, universities, hotels, resorts, and housing developments
Managing/Project Director (DRC)
Mark was the Founder Member of the Association of Project Managers Zimbabwe and has a National and Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering. He is the Construction/Project Director and has over 40 years’ experience in the Development & Construction Industry. He started his career with Basil Read as a trainee and qualified as a Civil Engineer at Wits Technikon. He has been involved in the development of several multi-million dollar projects in Africa representing Clients as their Development/Project Manager and Principal Agent. He was also the Business Development Executive for the Liviero Group of companies to expand their business interests into neighboring countries.Mark's experience includes:
- • Principal Agent for Rani International. Completed a 106-bedroom luxury resort on Bazaruto Island, an 82 Apartment Hotel and a resort on Medjumbe Island in Mozambique.
- • Principal Agent for Southview Park de-velopment in Lusaka, Zambia.
- • He has been involved in many projects ranging from apartment blocks, schools, clinics, hospitals, factories, universities, hotels, resorts, and housing develop-ments
Business Development Director (DRC)
Mark Mubalama founder of reMARKable Limited & owner of reMARKable Motors decided to join ACPM—DRC as the Business Development Director. He has been in project management & business development for over 18 years. He started his career in Lusaka,Zambia . Before setting up reMARKable business limited, Mr Mark Mubalama worked in Windhoek, Namibia and Cape Town , South Africa as a business consultant From 2000 to 2010Mark’s experience includes:
- • Works as a business consultant with AMG Steel between Zambia and DRC.
- • He currently has different clientele namely Group Ruzizi and Zambezi Advisors to name a few.
George Paul Lungu
Project Manager (Zambia)
George P. Lungu holds a bachelor of science in Quantity Surveying from The Copperbelt University, a certificate in Contracts Management and a Certificate in Project Management from the Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Zambia. He is a result-driven, self-motivated and resourceful Projects Manager with comprehensive accomplishments co-leading complex infrastructure projects and cross-functional teams to ensure success and achieve goals to Clients’ satisfaction. He has strong Quantity Surveying and infrastructure project management acumen having industry experience of over 7 years with an accumulative project cost portfolio of above U$ 20 Million. :George’s experience includes:
- • The design and build of a 60-key double-storey Urban hotel in Ndola,
- • A retail Centre and office park for Urban Property Group in Ndola,
- • Facilities master plan-phase 1A and 1B for the American International School of Lusaka,
- • Trees Inn Housing Complex Phase 0 and Phase 1A for NAPSA-SPS in Lusaka,
- • A 75-Key five storey hotel in Lusaka for Rembrandt properties limited,
- • A hotel and conference facility for Family Legacy Missions Zambia.
Our Resource Database
Thabo Mbeki Road, Block C
514 AV Rubi, Golf,